|THIS PRODUCT IS NOT ALWAYS IN STOCK. Please allow 4 weeks +/- for me to make these or you. I can't keep these as a stock item because of all the options available. I have to make them to fill the order.|
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
I did the patterns up for these boots several years ago for a few pair for friends and a film company, then filed them away in the pattern archives. With the 100th anniversary coming up of the Great War I have had several requests for these boots again. So here they are.
My WWI German boots are made from the same sturdy leather as all my Civil war and WWII boots. Good tough stuff, Veg. tanned, and heavily oiled. These are not soft and floppy boots. Boots are made all rough side out in your choice of brown (early war), or black (later). Soles are fully pegged, with the extra clump half sole on top. Heels come in your choice of a ring of hobnails around the outside as in the photos, or a steel horseshoe type heel rim.
SIZING. All men are not created equal, especially in the calf area. These boots come in a standard calf size for every size, shown below.
- Size 7, 15" around the tops
- Size 8, 15.5" around the tops
- Size 9, 16" around the tops
- Size 10, 16.5" around the tops
- Size 11, 17" around the tops
- Size 12, 17.5" around the tops
- Size 13, 18" around the tops.
- Measure around your calves 14" up from the floor, and see if you match these numbers (remember to wear your trousers and measure around them also). If you are too big or too small to comfortably fit these you have the option of changing the calf size for your boots to get a better fit.
Hob nails are not included with these boots. I do not have period correct German hob nails for the first war. I do have hobnails that can be installed into the boots if you want the real feel of marching in hobnailed boots, and they are available as an option below. If you have period correct nails that you want installed into your boots, I can do this for you at no extra charge, Email me at email@example.com to tell me you ar providing your own nails and then mail them up to me at:
Robert Land Footwear
3909 Witmer Rd pmb 139
Niagara Falls NY 14305
You need bare minimum of 80 nails to do the job.
1. Select your size from the drop down menu.
2. Select the colour of your boots from the drop down menu.
3. Select the type of heels you want. Steel horseshoe heel rims or a ring of hob nails around the outside edge from the drop down menu. Default is Steel horseshoe heel rims
4. Tell me if you are supplyiing your own hobnails by clicking on "I will supply my own hob nails for installation" If you'r not, leave this alone.
5. If you want me to install my hobnails. Click on the related product below "Hob nail my boots" and add this to your shopping cart. There's a $20 charge for this service.
6. If you need the calf size changed, for a better fit. Click the related product below "Change the shaft size of my boots" then click the correct size on the drop down menu. This is a $25 charge.
Double check everything before you click the payment button! Once I get the order, those are the boots you're going to get.